[Asterisk-Users] Cheap (US$120 or less) SIP Phones

Ryan Courtnage ryan at voxbox.ca
Mon Jun 28 09:18:48 MST 2004

On Monday 28 June 2004 15:56, Chris Hirsch wrote:
> >Todd at Teledynamics (see wiki page mentioned above) has been very
> > responsive to email, and we did not need to sign up as a reseller to
> > purchase the Uniden phones.
>
> Great!! I'll give him a call today and see if I can order one...this
> looks like a really nice phone for the price and given the reviews from
> other people I'm actually kind of excited....how do people get new
> firmware updates? Is there a website?

FYI - recent changes in chan_sip (RFC3581 support) will cause the UIP200 to
stop functioning properly.

Uniden has no current plans to support this RFC.  We are currently working
with them to determine if they will make the phones at least ignore the new
'rport' parameter (RFC3581) and continue to function.

I should know more later today - stay tuned.

Ryan

FYI - your phone will come with a support site logon, where you can download
firmware and configuration files.

Ryan Courtnage
Coalescent Systems Inc
403.244.8089