[Asterisk-Users] problem with zaphfc

Robinson Tim-W10277 Tim.Robinson at motorola.com
Mon Jun 28 05:24:03 MST 2004

We had the same problems on a couple of Dell Optiplex machines.  i.e.
slow, jittery audio.  After spending several days fiddling around we
gave up and bought a Junghanns quadBRI.  It just worked without any
fuss, and I would suggest that unless this is for a home config where
you are cost-constrained, the quadBRI is the best solution.

Having said that, I have two zaphfc cards running in my Asterisk pc at
home, in NT and TE mode.  I am sure the issues we have both seen is some
kind or IRQ conflict in the Dells and the config you describe below, but
for us it was cheaper to buy a more expensive card that we knew worked.

Things to try if you do want to keep fiddling with the hfc cards :

1) Disable IRQ on your graphics card
2) Assign a separate IRQ to each slot on your motherboard (in your
BIOS...Dells fall down here as I couldn't do this)

Let us know how you get on...

RGds
Tim R