[Asterisk-Users] IAX Phone Issues/McAfee Virus Scan vs. IAX Phone

Steven M. Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Sun Jun 27 18:49:55 MST 2004

--Request For Bug Reports--

I'm working on the next release of IAX Phone.  Please let me know what, if
any, issues you who use it may have run into.  I hope to be able to release
a new version in the next two weeks.

Some fixes/features:

- Conferencing
- Proper handling of 'qualify'
- Intercom
- Paging
- Phone Book

--Virus Scanner Problems?--

I have been working through a number of the bugs already submitted to me.
One is a rather large delay (300 ms+) for incoming audio.  Some of this can
be linked to the way it interfaces with the windows audio system.  More of
it, however, appears to be linked to Virus Scanning software.

I tested on a system running McAfee 8.0. and found that the scanner software
introduces the majority of the delay and causes other problems as well.  The
thread that runs the audio interface runs at high priority, but from
time-to-time the processor spikes up due to some action on the part of the
virus scanner and the audio drops out.

Has anybody else experienced such issues with IAX Phone and McAfee?  How
about other virus scanners?

Thanks,

Steve