[Asterisk-Users] Using Soxmix on extensions.conf

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Fri Jun 25 18:21:15 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 16:39, Steven Critchfield wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 14:51, Carlos Medina wrote:
> > Hi, i want to use soxmix to record some calls in my PBX. If i use
> > soxmix on my linux shell it works so i can mixed two calls into one
> > consolidated call. I want to do the process automatically since
> > extensions.conf but it doesnt work. My extensions.conf looks like
> > this:
> >
> > exten => 407,1,SetVar(MONITORDIR=/var/spool/asterisk/monitor)
> > exten => 407,2,Monitor(wav,${TIMESTAMP}.${CALLERIDNUM}.wav)
> > exten => 407,3,Dial(SIP/407|20|t)
> > exten => 407,4,System(soxmix
> > ${MONITORDIR}/${TIMESTAMP}.${CALLERIDNUM}-in.wav
> > ${MONITORDIR}/${TIMESTAMP}.${CALLERIDNUM}-out.wav
> > ${MONITORDIR}/${CALLERIDNUM}.wav)
> > exten => 407,5,Hangup
> >
> > It creates the 2 files but dont do the mix between them. I dont know
> > what the problem is.
>
> Standard mistake of not realizing that you will not get to priority 4
> unless you timeout and if you timeout the priority 4 is not useful.
> Maybe use it in the h extension, but I don't know if you will have all
> your call variables.
>
> Seems if you search the archives, you might find where someone has a
> program already written that does that for  you.

Or you can use the option built into Monitor in recent cvs -head

fs-2*CLI> show application monitor
fs-2*CLI>
  -= Info about application 'Monitor' =-

[Synopsis]:
Monitor a channel

[Description]:
Monitor([file_format|[fname_base]|[options]]):
Used to start monitoring a channel. The channel's input and output
voice packets are logged to files until the channel hangs up or
monitoring is stopped by the StopMonitor application.
    file_format -- optional, if not set, defaults to "wav"
    fname_base -- if set, changes the filename used to the one specified.
        'm' - when the recording ends mix the two leg files into one using 'soxmix' utility which has to be installed on the system.

fs-2*CLI>

--
          Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-899-1387 x2111
"In a related story, the IRS has recently ruled that the cost of Windows