[Asterisk-Users] Using Soxmix on extensions.conf

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Jun 25 14:39:13 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 14:51, Carlos Medina wrote:
> Hi, i want to use soxmix to record some calls in my PBX. If i use
> soxmix on my linux shell it works so i can mixed two calls into one
> consolidated call. I want to do the process automatically since
> extensions.conf but it doesnt work. My extensions.conf looks like
> this:
>
> exten => 407,1,SetVar(MONITORDIR=/var/spool/asterisk/monitor)
> exten => 407,2,Monitor(wav,${TIMESTAMP}.${CALLERIDNUM}.wav)
> exten => 407,3,Dial(SIP/407|20|t)
> exten => 407,4,System(soxmix
> ${MONITORDIR}/${TIMESTAMP}.${CALLERIDNUM}-in.wav
> ${MONITORDIR}/${TIMESTAMP}.${CALLERIDNUM}-out.wav
> ${MONITORDIR}/${CALLERIDNUM}.wav)
> exten => 407,5,Hangup
>
> It creates the 2 files but dont do the mix between them. I dont know
> what the problem is.

Standard mistake of not realizing that you will not get to priority 4
unless you timeout and if you timeout the priority 4 is not useful.
Maybe use it in the h extension, but I don't know if you will have all
your call variables.

Seems if you search the archives, you might find where someone has a
program already written that does that for  you.