[Asterisk-Users] Can one send CLID NAME over PRI?

Jason Kawakami jkkawakami at optellabs.com
Fri Jun 25 16:03:58 MST 2004

> Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Can one send CLID NAME over PRI?
> Is it possible to send CLID NAME on a PRI?
>
> The numbers we send out are being received by telco and propagated,
> but the names we send out are not showing up.
> Is this a feature in PRI?  Do we need to set PRI_NET instead of PRI_CPE?
> Is this just not possible?  Is this a telco config issue?

my experience with this is the carrier is doing some matching of presented
number (what you are sending them) to their records of the 'owner' of that
number.  If for example you present your billing telephone number to them
they will send out your name with the number but otherwise I have had little
success.

I have heard of working with a local/regional ps or carrier 911 coordinator
to have this fixed but have had no experience with it.

Jason Kawakami