[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk with PostgreSQL

Caleb Kow calebee at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 10:13:51 MST 2004

Hello Neil/Everybody,

Yes you are correct, PostgreSQL has to be specifically configured
within the server it is hosted on to allow host calls from Asterisk so
that the socket connects.

Here is how I solved the problem through the help of everybody here:

Firstly enable the -i command in the /etc/init.d/postgresql command
for starting up postgresql. Secondly, edit pg_hba.conf to add in a
host (not local) entry in it so that PostgreSQL server allows host
connects, most probably from 127.0.0.1 using the password method. Once
you are done, asterisk should be able to connect to postgresql when it
starts up.

Here is a big "THANK YOU" to all who helped along the way.

Cheers :)