[Asterisk-Users] host=dynamic vs host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Matt matt at powderdays.com
Fri Jun 25 01:27:28 MST 2004

Jeremy
It seems you misunderstood my question.  I was talking about SIP not IAX.  It wasn't about access control - it was about having a problem with phones on a poor connection that is prone to occasional packet loss or disconnection.

>>>How much clearer do you need to be? Asterisk is telling you exactly what
>>> the problem is.
Interpreting an error message is easy finding, as you so rightly point out "asterisk is telling you exactly what the problem is".  The solution however wasn't clear hence my reason for posting. Finding a solution on software you're not particularly familiar with and in a configuration you don't have 100% confidence in isn't as simple as reading an error message; hence my posting.

Matt