[Asterisk-Users] Wildcard X100P dial out troubles

Andrew Elchuk aelchuk at cronustech.com
Thu Jun 24 16:12:41 MST 2004

Hi,
I have an X100P card and Asterisk installed on a system running Redhat
8.  I have a normal phone line plugged into a wall jack on one end, and
plugged into the "Line" port on the X100P card on the other end.  I am
trying to make an outgoing call to a local phone number using a *.call
file but I can not seem to get it to dial the number I want it to.  This
is the call file I am using (with 966-1443 being the number I would like
to dial):
   Channel: Zap/1/9661443
   Callerid: Nagios
   MaxRetries: 1
   RetryTime: 60
   WaitTime: 30
   Context: alert
   Extension: s
And this is the extensions.conf file at the "alert" context:
   [alert]

   exten => s,1,DigitTimeout,5
   exten => s,2,ResponseTimeout,10
   exten => s,3,Answer
   exten => s,4,Wait(1)
   exten => s,5,Playback(tt-somethingwrong)
   exten => s,6,Playback(vm-goodbye)
   exten => s,7,Hangup
The card is set up on channel 1, and the number I am trying to dial
would be 966-1443.  When I put the call file in the
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing directory I get the message:
   Jun 24 11:30:59 NOTICE[237585]: Call completed to Zap/1/9661443
However, the phone with the number 966-1443 does not ring.  If anyone
could shed some light on the situation and help me solve my problem it
would be greatly appreciated.  Thank-you.