[Asterisk-Users] tdm (and x100p?) echo - fix is coming!

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Jun 24 14:01:29 MST 2004

> > > I don't think that I'd play around with other values though. There were
> > > three lines of code changed in chan_zap.c and two of those lines were
> > > dependent on values from each other. Example: changing from 400
> (default)
> > > to 800 required another statement change from "w" to "ww". I'd have to
> > > assume the "w" is a character/tone code to be used within the cancel
> > > training (or something like that). If you changed to echotraining=600,
> > > then how is the code going to insert a half a "w"? (I didn't look at
> > > the final cvs code, but would guess the choices are "yes" or "800",
> > > and everything else is silently ignored.)
> >
> > Don't see any change from "w" to "ww" in the CVS head if its the memset
> two
> > lines above.
> Yah I just checked that code to be sure but its ok to play with the delay
> that are *NO* depends on changing the delay, In fact the only issue you will
> have
> is a sanity check that echotraining=10-2000ms outside of that range you will
> get a warning and the value will default

Be careful with that thought... here's the three lines that were
manually changed for testing purposes only (these would have been prior to
yesterday's change to chan_zap.c):
~1195:  x = 800;
~1636: strcpy(p->echorest, "ww");
~1637: strcpy(p->echorest + 2,

Changing x = 400 to x = 800 fixed the echo problem, but caused outbound
dialing to totally fail. The pstn line would be seized, but the dtmf
sent to the CO was less then acceptable.

Changing lines 1636 (from "w" to "ww") and line 1637 (from "1" to "2")
brought the outbound dialing back into a functional state. Since I'm
not a programmer, I don't really know what those lines are doing.

Mark then used that info to write the code for implementing
echotrainging=800 as a configurable option.

Does today's code support changing all three values? (Since the example
in the config files suggest two specific choices, I'd bet that using
a value of 600 or 1200 or whatever does cause an issue with the outbound
dialing, etc.)

Rich