[Asterisk-Users] Channel bank problem via long cable

Bonzo Armstrong bonzo at orionmulti.com
Thu Jun 24 13:01:46 MST 2004

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 08:24:03PM -0700, Bonzo Armstrong wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 03:04:52PM -0500, Nik Martin wrote:
> >
> > Try this if possible.  Connect the channel bank to * via the 400' cable, but
> > in the same room as the * box, with all the cable coiled on the floor.

Next best thing:  I took a coil of 200' of cable and used it to connect
the working channel bank that's 200' away to its patch bay.  Lo and
behold, same problem.  I also patched this rig into the port that's
supposed to be configured with an LBO of 399'+ and I still get the
same problem.

I believe this rules out location and leaves the length of the cable as
the culprit.  This is all using cat6 cable, fwiw.  I'm really beginning
to suspect the TE405P isn't cranking up the LBO like it's supposed to.
I've asked Digium for some insight and hope to hear back from them today.

Anyone have any recommendations for good T1 extenders?