[Asterisk-Users] Pulver's WiSIP with Linksys WAPs

William R Thomas corvar at theonering.net
Thu Jun 24 09:08:09 MST 2004

I recently got a Pulver Innovations WiSIP wireless SIP phone to
determine if we want to use them in our organization.  Since the WiSIP
phone arrived last week, I have had nothing but headaches.  I do think
I now have the problem narrowed down.

I have spent a bulk of my time trying to get the WiSIP to work with a
couple of Linksys WAP11 Version 2.2.  I have met with no success in
getting the WiSIP to maintain a reliable network connection with those
WAPs.  This is regardless of Linksys WAP11 firmware, WEP settings,
distance from WAP, etc.

While walking down a hallway, I did notice that the WiSIP did start
working.  Upon further investigation, the phone as I had it configured
worked wonderfully with a Linksys WAP54g.

Has anyone had similar problems?  Anyone know a work around to get the
WiSIP to work with Linksys WAP11's?

We are planning on getting rid of all of our Linksys WAP's and
replacing them with another vendors, but right now I have no idea if
the WiSIP will or will not interoperate with the new WAPs.

We have previously talked to Pulver Innovations on the phone, and the
best they could offer was an RMA on the phone, but that was before I
verified the phone functioned with the WAP54g.  Since then we emailed
them with additional information and have yet to hear back from them.

--
        William R. Thomas
        Corvar                               corvar at theonering.net
        Co-Webmaster                         http://www.theonering.net/
"I don't believe in sweeping social change being manifested by one
person, unless he has an atomic weapon."
                        -- Howard Chaykin
If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.
                        -- Albert Einstein