R: [Asterisk-Users] Which Linux ?

Andrew Yager andrew at rwts.com.au
Thu Jun 24 00:02:16 MST 2004

On 24/06/2004, at 4:48 PM, Manuel Wenger wrote:

>> Based on th wiki, avoid kernel 2.6 unless you know what you are doing.
>> Likewise with fedora, which seems to work but needs kernel thread
>> turned off.
>
> Just my experience: I have installed Asterisk twice on Fedora Core 1
> with kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptlsmp on Dual Xeon systems. It has worked
> perfectly both times, without needing any additional compiler flags,
> and no kernel panics.

I'm running two production systems on Fedora Core 1 with the
2.4.22-1.2188 kernel - one with Digium hardware and one running zaprtc
& CAPI cards. Both systems run fine, compiled straight out of the box,
and as of yet I have had no issues. I've also run it quite happily on
RedHat 8 under VirtualPC with no additional hardware.

Andrew