[Asterisk-Users] tdm (and x100p?) echo - fix is coming!

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Jun 23 16:39:21 MST 2004

Good news!

FYI, worked with Mark this afternoon to test changes needed to reduce
or eliminate echo involving pstn calls on the new tdm fxo card (bug
#1902).

Three simple source code changes (testing-only at this point) resulted
in zero detectable echo on all incoming and outgoing tdm pstn calls,
even in the first second or two. I've not noticed any unusual side
effects at all. Since the changes were only to chan_zap.c, I'll have
to guess it will improve the historic x100p echo issues as well, and
probably other zap channels also.

The changes were associated with the echo cancel routines, but as a
non-programmer, I'm not sure what these changes really do (other than
the end result).

If these changes prove to be successfull, then Mark is going to make
them configurable options somewhere. Got'a love it.

Rich