[Asterisk-Users] Fax with SPA-2000's?

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Wed Jun 23 12:25:17 MST 2004

On 2004.06.19 05:51 mattf wrote:
> We have it working reliably on calls coming in over a T1, I don't
> remember
> the exact settings we used, but I will send on Monday when I'm back in
> the
> office. Make sure that everything is 711Ulaw only and that your fax or
> modem
> operates no faster than 9600, data through Asterisk analog lines won't
> go
> any faster than 9600.

I don't think that this is exactly correct.

In testing, I can get faxes through at 16800 baud (negotiated speed, I
didn't measure the actual data transfer speed) using V.34.

That said, I do see that V.17 (i.e., 14400) will not go through
Asterisk (at least with the X100P).  Somehow the data stream gets
screwed up.  So if your fax machine/device does not support V.34, then
disabling V.17 will get you a maximum speed of 9600 baud, and in that
sense you are correct.

But the problem appears to be modulation-related and not speed-related.

Lee.