[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as a SIP UA and voicemail with SER not working anymore

Samy Touati (QA/EMC) samy.touati at ericsson.com
Wed Jun 23 08:52:22 MST 2004

Hi,

 I downloaded the stable branch of asterisk a couple of month ago, and I'm using it as a SIP UA voicemail server with SER, and my setup works fine.
 I do have a list of phones defined in voicemail.conf, in the sip.conf file I only have the setup of asterisk as a peer registering to ser. The extensions.conf file contain the extensions that link to the voicemail application. This setup is working as expected so far.

 I downloaded the latest cvs yesterday, and with the same config files nothing work anymore: asterisk denies a caller to leave a voicemail with Forbidden-403 code as if the caller needed to authenticate with asterisk, instead of just establishing an rtp session with it and just act as a SIP UA.
 Has anything changed recently in regards to have asterisk acting not as a sip server but just as a sip ua ?

This is a snippet of what I have in the extensions.conf file:

exten => _1959XX,1,Answer
exten => _1959XX,2,Wait(1)
exten => _1959XX,3,Voicemail(u${EXTEN})
exten => _1959XX,4,Wait(1)