[Asterisk-Users] clarent hardware

Josh Krueger joshk at urbancom.net
Wed Jun 23 08:04:07 MST 2004

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with the Clarent CPGs ( uses MGCP ). I have a couple CPG 201s laying around that I am trying to get working but am having difficulties. They successfully register with the asterisk box, but when I lift the handset of the phone plugged into any of its ports, there is no dial tone, I hear no DTMF tones when I press keys, etc. But I can make the phone ring by using a soft phone, although when I lift the handset it just keeps ringing. Any help would be great, I did see a post I found with google about someone getting CPG 101s going well, but they never posted any config files or how they did it.

I also can't find any good information about using MGCP with asterisk, any links, tips, help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
  Josh Krueger <joshk at urbancom.net>
  Urban Communications
  http://www.urbancom.net/