[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 Trunking help!

David Cook dbc_asterisk at advan.ca
Tue Jun 22 06:48:02 MST 2004

I was just trying to solve this one myself. I found this method worked
for me. I'm still calling this "Method 1" in my document because I don't
fully understand the "switch" and the "register" versions and pros/cons
to implementation of each. But this one does work.

Method 1
Receiving Server
Iax.conf
[REC_SERVER]
type=user
host=my.calling.server.ca
secret=mysecret
context=local
trunk=yes

Calling Server
Extensions.conf
[mycontext]
exten =>
_5XXX,1,Dial(IAX2/REC_SERVER:mysecret at my.receiving.server.ca/${EXTEN}@local)
exten => _5XXX,2,Hangup
exten => _5XXX,102,Hangup

Any call in the mycontext context on Calling Server to extensions
5000-5999 (mapped by extension _5XXX) will get sent to receiving server
(my.receiving.server.ca) into the local context on the receiving server.

Performing the same configuration in the opposite direction will allow
cross-calls between Asterisk systems.

--
David Cook