[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk<>X100P<>Packet8

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Mon Jun 21 13:32:31 MST 2004

On Jun 21, 2004, at 1:16 PM, Brian Weaver wrote:
> Question is this, I know the ATA with packet8 is locked down, but is
> there any reason I can't use it just like a regular POTS line with
> Asterisk if I buy a X100P card? That way I could pick up a SIP device
> to talk to Asterisk, and configure the PBX to use packet8 for all US
> calling. Being new to this, just want to know if this is a reasonable
> approach or totally newbian.

That should work just fine, although you may lose some quality going
analog->digital->analog->digital->analog.

> Also, I saw nufone was very Asterisk friendly, do they support inbound
> calls, meaning can they assign me a PTSN number, or is their service
> for outbound calling only?

They do inbound 800-numbers only.  The number is free, but calls are
$0.029/minute.  Or, they *were* $0.029 the last time I checked; their
outbound rates have fallen recently, so there's a chance the inbound
rates have fallen as well.

Scott