[Asterisk-Users] Restricting outbound dialing on a specific phone

Shaun Ewing sewing at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 03:48:35 MST 2004

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:53:42 +0100, Matt <matt at powderdays.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been through the wiki and the archives and I've been unable to find what I'm looking for.  Basically I have a phone that I don't want to be able to dial out.  I've only got one context at the moment; but from my investigations I think I might need to create another for this specific phone.

What I've done may be a little over the top, but this is how I achieve it:

Have contexts for the number ranges; eg; [outgoing-emergency]
[outgoing-local], [outgoing-std], [outgoing-idd], etc.

I then have contexts for the various access levels, eg: [cos-idd]
(allows everything), [cos-local] (internal, emergency and local calls
only), etc.

These cos-* contexts then include the various number ranges, eg:

[cos-idd]
include => outgoing-ournumbers
include => outgoing-emergency
include => outgoing-freecall
include => outgoing-fwd
include => outgoing-local
include => outgoing-std
include => outgoing-idd
include => system-features
include => local-extensions
include => invalid

When creating the contexts, simply removing the appropriate
"outgoing-*" part that you don't want the phone to be able to access.

In the relevant sip.conf files (or wherever you configure the context
for your devices), I then set the context to the appropriate access
levels.

I setup the COS (class of service) contexts as our previous phone
system had a similar feature that we used.

Hope that helps.

> Thanks
> Matt

-Shaun