[Asterisk-Users] IRC

Michael Sandee ms at zeelandnet.nl
Sat Jun 19 10:41:35 MST 2004

Damn dude, you are a worse troll than me... :P

The fact is, freenode is so laggy with, but not restricted to, nickserv
registrations... that the thing called "perform" in most irc clients is
messed up, when using it to join some channels. Which can be useful when
you are not on a very stable or 24/7 connection, such as dial-up or
hong-kong based broadband connections ;)

Other than that, it sucks to have it this way... but I know it is a
problem with the spambots. Having the channel +s might be a better way
to "fight" spambots, without putting a restriction on the users.