[Asterisk-Users] TE410P / Eicon PRI

Martin List-Petersen martin+asterisk at list-petersen.net
Fri Jun 18 18:33:13 MST 2004

Citat Klaus-Peter Junghanns <kpj at junghanns.net>:

> Am Fr, 2004-06-18 um 19.56 schrieb Lee Howard:
> > Firstly, I'm not just talking about receiving faxes.
> >
> > If my choices are between HylaFAX and spandsp and if I want outbound
> > queueing and a client-server interface for networked usage, then
> > spandsp will not cut it alone.
> >
> > So yes, anyone who wants these features will need to use HylaFAX.  And
> > to use HylaFAX with Asterisk currently one must send the fax calls to
> > an FXS port and then to a HylaFAX-controlled modem.
>
> Theoretically chan_capi could also be modified for fax support, since
> that is already part of the CAPI specs. But spanDSP works for all
> channel types so i dont see the need for this.

Anyhow capi4hylafax and chan_capi will gladly coexist. You just tell asterisk to
ignore the DIDs that are used for fax.

[snip]

> Oh, and btw, i receive all my faxes with capi4hylafax and HylaFAX of
> course, just because SuSE comes with such a nice configruation tool
> for it (and i am lazy!). :)

Wouldn't have thought otherwise.

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen
martin (at) list (dash) petersen (dot) net
--
"You should, without hesitation, pound your typewriter into a plowshare,
your paper into fertilizer, and enter agriculture"