[Asterisk-Users] 183 Session in Progress

Stewart Nelson sn at scgroup.com
Fri Jun 18 15:35:00 MST 2004

Hi Charles,

Blocking the 183 is undesirable, because messages
from the PSTN indicating that e.g. a number has been changed,
will be lost.  Instead, do what's necessary to get audio
back to the caller.  On the ATA, set bit 19 of ConnectMode
(see table 5-8 of manual).  On the 5300, see
http://www.ciscopress.com/content/images/1587050757/tips/troubleshooting_tips.doc
and look for "No Ringback on an IP Phone When Calling the PSTN" .

--Stewart