[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk References

Nik Martin nmartin at radiancetech.com
Fri Jun 18 14:40:54 MST 2004

Andrew P Cook wrote:
> I am looking to install a new PBX into a small business.  We have 18
> internal extensions, and 6 phone lines.  I have been looking at
> Asterisk as a possible solution and would like to hear from people
> already using it.  Digium recommended I post to this list for
>
> My questions are simple:
> 1)  Do you like working with Asterisk and do you recommend it?
> 2)  Is it reliable?  Are there any issues with dropped calls?
> 3)  Is the quality of the service good?
> 4)  How long have you been using Asterisk?
>
> Anyone willing to help me by sharing their experience would be
> appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Andrew Cook
> acook at onexia.com

1) Yes, it is very intuitive, after a very small learning curve.
2) After initial wring-out of about 1 week dealing with a few configuration
items that cause most everyone grief, we have tweaked a system that is
running on 30 days of uptime, and that restart was a config change that
required a total restart of *
3)Not sure what you mean here, but if you mean in terms of support, when
setting up the system initially, I required some help in a weird
configuration handed to me by my ISP, and both Digium and the IRC #asterisk
channel were most helpful
4)2 months