[Asterisk-Users] C7960 g729 question

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Jun 18 10:16:50 MST 2004

My sip.conf for this "single" extension, looks like:
 [3014]
 username=3014
 ...snip...
 canreinvite=no
 disallow=all
 allow=g729
 ...snip...
which works fine, and does force the use of g729 as wanted. That's not
the issue here.

The issue is: once a call is established, it appears the g729 -> g711
transcoding seems to be choppy while g711 -> g711 is much better. In
a somewhat limited bandwidth situation, I would have expected the other
way around; g711 should have been worse then g729 transcoding. That
implies a trancoding issue might be lurking.

Thoughts?