[Asterisk-Users] UK install

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Fri Jun 18 09:09:58 MST 2004

If you're already using POTS phones and want the flexibility of SIP you may
just want to get SIP adapters that you can continue to use your POTS phones
with. I recommend the Sipura SPA-2000 dual analog adapter(www.sipura.com).
You can get them for about $92(if you get more than 10 in one order) and
each one handles two analog phones. They have a lot of features and great
support. We are currently using them on over 80 analog phones across 3
Asterisk servers and they work great.

A cheaper option might be using channel banks for your POTS phones but that
may only be cheaper if you buy a used one, and then you wouldn't have the
flexibility of using SIP adapters, and you would probably need to get a quad
T1 card if you were planning on only getting a single T1 card, which would
make it much more expensive overall.

Hope this helps. Good luck

MATT---