[Asterisk-Users] TE410P / Eicon PRI

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Jun 18 08:34:20 MST 2004

On Friday 18 June 2004 11:08, Lee Howard wrote:
> If you would rather use HylaFAX instead of spandsp and have $10K to
> throw around, then may I suggest hiring an Asterisk channel author to
> write a T.38-supporting channel driver?  That way you could just use
> t38modem with HylaFAX, and you wouldn't need all the duplicate hardware.

I am gearing up to write a character port emulator which will telnet to an
Ascend Max modem bank for HylaFax.  It's based on code from ttywatch which
does the opposite.  (it is a telnet daemon that connects to a character port)
-- rtty, ser2net and conserver are all apps which do the opposite.

Hopefully it will work alright, as the Ascend Max will give you a direct
connection to its modem bank when enabled.

I was going to use T38modem but, like practically everything else h.323, the
code is disgustingly hard to wade through.  :-(

Regards,
Andrew