[Asterisk-Users] Hwo to get CallerID: SIP -> ISDN

Bernie Hoeneisen bhoeneis at switch.ch
Fri Jun 18 07:16:29 MST 2004

Hi!

I trying to configure * in a way, that it uses a different CLIP (Caller-Id
in ISDN) per SIP user, when relaying the call from SIP to the ISDN. So far
always the main (1st) number of the number-block is sent to the ISDN.

I have a E100P from Digium and use the zapata stuff (chan_zap).
All SIP calls are coming through an SER.

One idea I had in mind is to assign userid's in SIP, that match the
extension of the number block, e.g. "854". * could then take
the user part of the From header field of the incoming SIP INVITE and
relay this numeric user part (e.g. 854) to the chan_zap, so that the
CLIP in the ISDN appears as the number assigned to SIP user.

Another idea I had was ENUM. But as in ENUM one can only resolve one way,
i.e. E.164-number -> SIP address, *  would have to lookup the whole
number block (every entry) from time to time and cache it in a mapping
table. No so nice solution, I guess.

Does anybody have some experience in this?
Any hints, instructions and HowTo's are warmly welcome.

cheers,
 Bernie