[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk-Users List Etiquette

M3 Freak m3freak at rogers.com
Thu Jun 17 07:41:45 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 09:23, Troy Settle wrote:
> A: Because we read the question in the previous message.
>
> > Q: Why should I post my reply above the quoted text?

You are assuming that everyone subscribed to the list is reading you
particular thread.  If they're not, but are mostly just skimming through
and pausing to read when something looks interesting, top posting makes
it hard to understand what the discussion is about.

In any case, I'm not ramming this down anyone's throat.  If you don't
want to top post, then don't.  But, I think that after everything is
weighed (e.g. people finding threads with top posts on Google 10 years
later), top posting would come out the loser.

Alrighty, that's enough for me!  Two posts about this is all I'm
contributing.

Kanwar
Systems Aligned Inc.
www.systemsaligned.com