[Asterisk-Users] ZAPHFC - only for * 0.7.2?

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Thu Jun 17 00:59:33 MST 2004

> I've got Zaphfc working running Asterisk v. 0.7.2
>
> Then I have tried with Asterisk V. 1.0 and the latest from CVS - with
> no succes. Has anybody got zaphfc working with newer version than 0.7.2

zaphfc is in bri-stuff from www.junghanns.net --- or in a patched version
at http://capi4linux.thepenguin.de/download/asterisk/. I downloaded the
latter and let the ./download.sh and ./compile.sh scripts run normally.

Then I install zaptel.o and zaphfc.o to /lib/modules/<kernelversion>/misc
and do the usual mambo in /etc/modules to run ztcfg after loading zaphfc
and to load zaptel before zaphfc:

  pre-install zaphfc /sbin/modprobe zaptel
  post-install zaphfc /sbin/ztcfg -v

Now I go to a different directory and do a CVS checkout of Asterisk head.
Just before compiling, I replace channels/chan_zap.c with
bri-stuff-0.0.2a-pp/asterisk/channels/chan.zap.c.

I then change the lines of the form

   static ast_mutex_t usecnt_lock = AST_MUTEX_INITIALIZER;

into

  AST_MUTEX_DEFINE_STATIC(usecnt_lock);

and compile & install. And voila, now I have an Asterisk from (almost) CVS
HEAD working with zaphfc.

The real solution would have been to apply all the patches from
bri-stuff*/libpri.patch to libpri in CVS. After looking at how much has
been changed and considering that I don't have a clue about q.921 and
q.931 I decided to not doing it that way :-)

Also, I'd thing it would be better if KaPeJot put's his software into some
CVS so that more than one person can add changes and keep things
up-to-date.

Greetings, Holger