[Asterisk-Users] UIP200

Ryan Courtnage ryan at voxbox.ca
Wed Jun 16 20:48:26 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 19:30, Ryan Courtnage wrote:

>  I do notice that ALL outgoing calls on
> both my servers, never report the channel state accurately:
>
> show channels
>         Channel  (Context    Extension    Pri )   State Appl.
> Data
>         Zap/3-1  (from-pstn  s            1   ) Dialing AppDial
> (Outgoing Line)
>    SIP/204-e466  (from-internal 92442790     1   )    Ring Dial
> ZAP/g0/2442790||
> 2 active channel(s)
> *CLI>
>
> That Zap/3-1 should have a state of UP, not Dialing.  I noticed this
> before, and just ignored it ... but perhaps it is the root of the
> problem? Does * send special sip headers when a channel's state is UP?
> Perhaps the Uniden has a internal timeout, after which it will play a
> congestion tone?

Bingo - I pulled a CVS * from late May, which doesn't have the above
problem. Now states show as UP when I dial out.  This fixed my remote
IVR and my call disconnect problems!

The new firmware from Uniden seems to have made the rebooting problem go
away too.

So - the UIP200 now looks AND works good :-)