[Asterisk-Users] embedded Asterisk

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 16 16:22:17 MST 2004

Probably the best thing to do is to build a uClibc tree, disable some
Asterisk codecs (which don't want to compile, first run) compile again
and run.

Tomorrow I'm going to do the samething for an Epia-MII
1,2GHz/512MB/512MB-CF. Another tip :P Don't compile on flash... just
make a tree on your harddisk. And copy the required binaries and libs to
a root tree and attach a kernel. Look at some different Filesystems too,
depending on for needs Ext2/Minix/CramFS.

Btw. for what purpose do you want to run the box? I can imagine that a
few voicemail messages can float the system. And if SIP is only required
you should probably use SER for the project. I want to try out the VOCAL
footprint too but didn't had the time to do that yet.

Stefan