[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 hangup on transfer

Lars Boegild Thomsen lth at cow.dk
Mon Jun 14 20:50:42 MST 2004

Dear Sirs,

I've got a weird problem with IAX2 transfers.

My setup consist of 3 Asterisk servers.  One is located in Europe on a
public IP and a local PSTN connection through ISDN.  Two are located in
South-east Asia - both on public, but dynamic IP.  These two each have a
bunch of SIP phones attached.  All 3 systems are running latest CVS (ok -
might be a day or two old) on Linux 2.6.6 with the patched ztdummy timing
device (based on Linux 2.6 kernel timers).  Since only one of the asterisk
servers are on a known IP, the two systems on dymanic IP registers at the
one in Europe.

Ok - that was the setup - here's the problem.  SIP device on dynamic
asterisk A calls SIP device on dynamic asterisk B.  The call obviously is
routed through the asterisk with fixed IP.  After the call has been picked
up - asterisk attempts a transfer.  The problem is that sometimes (I would
estimate around half the times) the transfer fails without any error
messages (only "Hungup 'IAX@[foobar]/xxxxx').  No indication of what went
wrong.  The problem can only be reproduced about half the times - half the
times it goes well.

Now it is pretty obvious that my setup is ok since it work half the times.
Forbidding transfers is not a good idea - the whole point of this setup is
to be able to transfer since network wise the two systems with dynamic
addresses are much closer to each other (ping round-trip of about 40 ms)
compared with the one with fixed (about 400 ms ping round-trip from EACH of
the dynamic systems).

Any ideas?

Regards,

    Lars...

--
Lars Boegild Thomsen
Technical Director
Yahoo Chat: lars_boegild_thomsen at yahoo.com
MSN Chat: lars_boegild_thomsen at hotmail.com
http://www.justit.ws
Phone: +1 (360) 515 3551 (US) +45 8692 1951 (DK) +60 (3) 2057 2646 (MY)
Fax  : +60 (3) 2057 2647 (MY)