[Asterisk-Users] Nextel phone and mute on Asterisk?

Steve Radich stever at bitshop.com
Mon Jun 14 10:41:13 MST 2004

Hello, I have a really irritating issue that I haven't had time to
investigate much - I hope someone has encountered it and can tell me a
solution.  I didn't see anything in searching archives / sites..

When my Nextel i90c phone gets a page (2 way text message via the internet
option) it has an irritating tone to get me to hear it.  However this tone
seems to mute asterisk (reproducible).

Is there something I can configure to disable a mute? This on a Cisco ATA186
device definitely - I haven't been able to reproduce on other devices
(haven't had time to investigate on other devices).

Steve Radich
BitShop, Inc.