[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice and DTMF

Greg Hill gregh-asterisk at hillnet.us
Mon Jun 14 06:09:13 MST 2004

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Jay Milk wrote:

> It's official, Greg figured it out.  And you know what, it all makes
> sense now:  The scope for the dtmfmode setting is the section.  Since
> the [broadvoice] section is needed for outgoing calls only, the
> [general] section -- the one containing the "register" directives would
> have to be where you define the dtmfmode for incoming connection.
>
> How about --
>
> [general]
> dtmfmode=inband
> register => usera:pass at server.com
>
> dtmfmode=rfc2833
> register => userb:pass at server.net
>
> Would that work?

I haven't got time to test it this morning.. gotta run out to work.
Unfortunately, "work" isn't playing with asterisk. Not yet.

I think you're right, though.. my [broadvoice] section says type=peer. I
wonder (but haven't tested) if using type=friend or adding a second
section for type=user would have the same effect. BV would be considered
our "user" when * receives a call from BV, so it makes sense that it might
work to set the option there also. I'll try it this evening if nobody else
has beaten me to it.

Greg