[Asterisk-Users] Festival application: clipping start of sound?

Iain Stevenson iain at iainstevenson.com
Mon Jun 14 05:52:18 MST 2004

IMHO the Festival application is slightly broken since it doesn't interface
to the asterisk playback routines in a standard way.  I've never had much
luck with caching but have experienced the problem you outline on direct
text conversions.  This issue has been discussed on the bug tracker and
this list in the past.

You can hack Festival to pad out the pokayback with silence so the silence
gets chopped before your sound.  You can also have Festival save the sound
file and then play back the sound using asterisk's standard playback
routines.  Both work but they're not nice solutions and add some latency,

  Iain

--On Monday, June 14, 2004 10:58 pm +1200 Donald Gordon <don at dis.org.nz>