[Asterisk-Users] <<< GSM AUDIOFiles >>>

Apollon Koutlides apollon at planewalk.net
Mon Jun 14 04:08:40 MST 2004

jeff quade wrote:

> I have read this doc-- but we need an answer which DOES NOT USE SOX:

can't you acquire the audio files in .wav format?
you can then:
sox input.wav -r 8000 output.gsm polyphase
...on your linux box.

> We will be using PROTOOLS-Mix-Plus, or can use PROTOOLS-HD to produce
> our audio files-- But are looking for ANY Macintosh or PC
> Audio-Production software suggestion , (outside of using SOX) which
> will take an .aiff or .wav file and turn it into a GSM file.

I still don't understand why you would so desperately need to do the
conversion on a mac... anyway, I believe you might be able to compile
sox on MacOS X

Apollon Koutlides