[Asterisk-Users] Test plan for releases /* New subject */

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sun Jun 13 11:50:53 MST 2004

Nicholas Bachmann wrote:

> Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>
>> The decision is to base the future 1.0-release on the CVS head tree.
>> The current "stable-1.0" tree will be released as something intermediary,
>> maybe 0.91, and at that point it will be considered end-of-life.
>> At some point when we have cleared the bug tracker from major issues, we
>> will fork a new stable-1.0 tree and start working on that.
>>
>> As a community, we now need to focus on solving all the bugs in the
>> CVS head
>> tree. We need help, Mark Spencer can't handle all bugs by himself. So
>> when
>> reporting bugs, make sure you are available for questions and testing.
>> Any patches in the bug tracker that you can test, test. Report your
>> findings
>> to the bug tracker, both good and bad.
>

> Does Asterisk have a test plan for releases?  It seems like if there was
> a plan for testing that people could carry out (in a distributed
> manner), our releases might not have so many quirky bugs.  Most testing
> can be automated; only some would have to be done in an interactive
> manner with real people.

Not that I'm aware of. But that would be a great feature. The only test
I'm aware of is Flavour's language prompt test script that is included in CVS.

I think many people would appreciate development of a test plan/script and
some test platforms, like two Asterisks connected over E1 or T1 PRIs,
over analog lines with Zap channels and SIP. Some SIP phones and scripts
to test.

Anyone that wants to take lead and start the Asterisk Test Platform Project? AT2P?

/O