[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice and DTMF

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Fri Jun 11 17:18:36 MST 2004

I spoke too soon.  However, it's getting even weirder now.

The BV number I called to test this was rining on a Sipura extension
which I had plugged into a Zap FXO channel for testing my incoming Zap
context.  That one then proceeded to go right into voicemail. SO... Even
with everything configured for inband-DTMF, * does not understand inband
DTMF on the SIP channel.  However, if that's fed through a SIP adapter
into a Zap channel, voicemail works, proving that DTMF IS transmitted in
band.  Now to figure out why * is missing the tones...

I'm sorry for the confusion.

Works:
Landline --POTS-> BV --SIP-> * --SIP-> Sipura --CABLE-> Zap --PCI-> *
--> VoiceMailMain

Doesn't work:
Landline --POTS-> BV --SIP-> * --> VoiceMailMain

I don't have any other FXS devices to test this with.