[Asterisk-Users] Intel 537EP chipset, revisited

Chris Glover chris at glovercc.clara.co.uk
Fri Jun 11 16:15:50 MST 2004

Hi,

Just a thought, are you using the XT-PIC mode of IRQ address (old style)
on the new IO-APIC version that Kernel 2.6.x supports?

I found with my Intel 537 modem that it would hang a machine using XT-PIC
(admittedly it was IRQ sharing with all the other crap in the machine) but
using IO-APIC things work better.

IO-APIC should be supported on modern P4 boards, not sure about other
processors. My Duron 700 supoorts IO-APIC but the board doesn't.

It's one of the kernel build options.

HTH

Chris

--