[Asterisk-Users] A couple of newbie questoins

Paul Schlie thumper at vipecommerce.com
Fri Jun 11 13:45:05 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 09:09, Philipp von Klitzing wrote:
> Try version 0.59r and see if that solves the problem.

Done, and it did solve it.  Thanks.

> Check and maybe change your "dtmfmode=" settings and tell us what kind of
> phones (SIP or IAX, hard- or software) you are using. IAX sometimes has
> some issues with transmitting DTMF - so watch the Asterisk CLI for
> Errors/Warnings while pressing the digits.

It wasn't DTMF because in the logs on the other server I saw it was
getting the right numbers.  I dumped switch, and set up a way to forward
to an extension at the other server that goes right to voicemail and
that works.  I was also able to connect to voicemailmain on the other
extension.  I did it all without switch.

> Personally I'd not recommend to use the "switch" statement at all, and I
> think only very few people out here actually do, at least not those that
> have been around for a longer period of time.

Switch is gone!  Thanks