[Asterisk-Users] A couple of newbie questoins

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Jun 11 07:09:48 MST 2004

Hi!

> distorted, like it's over-driven.  I'm running gentoo, and I emerged
> mpg123 version 0.59s-r3

Try version 0.59r and see if that solves the problem.

> office.  But when I try to get the vm from the remote office, I can't
> authenticate.

Check and maybe change your "dtmfmode=" settings and tell us what kind of
phones (SIP or IAX, hard- or software) you are using. IAX sometimes has
some issues with transmitting DTMF - so watch the Asterisk CLI for
Errors/Warnings while pressing the digits.

>  I'm thinking that the switch statement may help by connecting the
> dialplans, but I've not been able to get that running.  Switch might
> also help with remote extensions too.  Anyone have a CLEAR example of
> how to use switch?  All the ones I've seen are quite confusing.

Personally I'd not recommend to use the "switch" statement at all, and I
think only very few people out here actually do, at least not those that
have been around for a longer period of time.

Cheers, Philipp