[Asterisk-Users] 7960 switch port / vlan issue

Joseph tech at ekn.com
Fri Jun 11 02:48:02 MST 2004

Using a cisco switch with PoE and a cisco 7960 phone:

In setting up some test setups, I would like to make the 7960 phone work
in line with the pc
or as a switch allowing the pc and phone to work on the same cable.

Assuming I wanted to make the pc use vlan10 and the phone vlan15, does
anyone have an example of
how to set this up?

Here is my attempt in the IOS:

interface FastEthernet0/10
 switchport access vlan 10
 switchport voice vlan 15

The pc part worked fine but the phone could not seem to pull an ip.
Removing the voice part and the pc data cable with just the access vlan
statement it works fine on
the access vlan.

J.