[Asterisk-Users] PC-to-PC call though SIP Proxy

funny guy asteriskmail at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 10 23:13:49 MST 2004

Hi All,

I configured the Asterisk sip proxy on a Linux box
(with NAT) and I am using SJphone on windows as the
clients.

My SJphone on the private site is registered on to the
SIP Proxy. But the one on public site is not and it is
set to PC-to-PC call mode.

When I initiate a call from private site to public
site using the following command:

publicphone at 219.192.183.111

where 219.192.183.111 is the public IP address of the
SJphone on the public domain.

It works fine if I hard code this IP address in either
extensions.conf or sip.conf

However, I do not want this setting since it is
inconvenience for entering the callee IP address into
the configure file all the time if the calleed IP
address changes very frequently.

Is there any possible way to configure this IP address
dynamically?

Is there any way to use the variable similar to
${EXTEN} for getting this IP address?

any one can help? I appreciate ..