[Asterisk-Users] Dialing delay when using Zap channels

Mathieu Nantel nantel at ecopiabio.com
Thu Jun 10 10:11:54 MST 2004

Good day,

I've got around to installing an X100P card in my computer to try out
asterisk. I noticed (and people who were testing with me also noticed) that
when dialing from my SIP soft phone to the PSTN, the ringer tone changes
after 2-3 seconds, precisely when the Zap channel takes over the call.

Is it possible to eliminate the first ringing? Is there a reason to this
delay-before-choosing-a-channel?

Thanks,
Mathieu Nantel - RHCE,BOFH                       Ecopia BioSciences
Systems Manager                                 (514) 336-2724 x434
nantel at ecopiabio.com