[Asterisk-Users] Sending # and Asterisk Transfer Conflict

Paul Crick web-asterisk-users at ivrl.com
Wed Jun 9 23:52:43 MST 2004

> The point is that I was using an Alcatel 4200 legacy PBX
> and it can not interact with IVRs unless you tap a code
> before the first interaction,
Ugh, yes.. I remember those.. nice ring tones and stuff, the phones weren't
all THAT bad to use.. but that "pressing something before you can send DTMF
to line" thing really bugged me.. You had to press B or something.. and I
think there was a timer issue too?

There was something in the lists a while back, or maybe on the bug tracker,
where you had to hit # twice in order to activate the transfer function. Two
#'s with delays were ok, or # followed by any other digit was fine too.
Maybe google for "double # transfer" (or wait for someone to step up and
claim authorship!)

Paul