[Asterisk-Users] Sending # and Asterisk Transfer Conflict

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Wed Jun 9 23:01:37 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 17:03 -0400, Karl J. Vesterling wrote:

> ANother workaround I have through of would be to use 99 for outgoing,
> but with no transfer options in the Dial() setting.  This of course
> implies you're expecting to interact with a remote IVR.

Last week I had to spend all day moving around M$'s IVR system, joke was
I managed to avoid the premium cost number.

The point is that I was using an Alcatel 4200 legacy PBX and it can not
interact with IVRs unless you tap a code before the first interaction,
afterwards IVR works, at the end of the call everything reverts to
normal.  When I used another different Alcatel a while ago, quite by
accident, I hit flash, more through frustration than anything else, I
found that when I got the line back I was at the next menu. If * is
sensing the # couldn't it sense another code to switch to IVR mode until
the end of the call, OK transfer would be disabled but that may be the
least of your worries.

Just my 0.02€ worth

--
Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com>