[Asterisk-Users] Seperate asterisk VM system possibility

Brancaleoni Matteo mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Wed Jun 9 13:49:55 MST 2004

Hi

Il mer, 2004-06-09 alle 22:45, Steve Dolloff ha scritto:
> I would like to move voicemail to a dedicated server but I can't figure
> out how to make the MWI work if the ATA doesn't register to the
> voicemail server.  The main reason for this is redundancy.  I have two
> SIP registrars running and in the case of a failure from the primary,
> both the gateways and the ATAs switch over to the secondary, but since
> the voicemail is on the primary, it also fails.  Anyone have any
> suggestions?

I assume that the registar (are asterisk) are configured
in the same way.
so the easy way it to rsync /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail
to the backup server, so if the primary goes away,
you'll have your voicemails as before.

of course when the primary is back a sync back must be
done...

matteo.

--
Brancaleoni Matteo <mbrancaleoni at espia.it>