[Asterisk-Users] Re: DNS SRV records

Duane duane at e164.org
Wed Jun 9 03:50:56 MST 2004

Darren Edmundson wrote:

> Unfortunately, it seems from my bugreport that the powers that be are as
> spit over this as we are, which is a shame - I'd have hoped that RFC
> compliance was an obvious aim for any piece of software....

*sigh* I have said time and time again, when it's not disabled in
asterisk I will care more about it, so no point you and every other
person on this list hassling me over it, it will be the LEAST pragmatic
way to make anything occur.

For the record about how my VoIP address looks. I highly doubt it will
ever look like my email address, sure I could make it look like that but
for the most part sip url's are useless to me as I can't dial them on my
hardphone, and neither can anyone else I supply hardphones to. These
guys don't give two hoots about what an SRV record is, all they care is
being able to use their 12 (that's right, only 12, not 101, but 12,
twelve...) key keypads to contact fred smith across the road, or jane
doe in the next suburb.

--

Best regards,
  Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the
stream always wins; not through strength, but through persistence."