[Asterisk-Users] grandstream ringtones - makering.pl usage for 1.0.50

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Tue Jun 8 11:52:19 MST 2004

Jeremy White wrote:
> Actually, I think the format of the file has changed in version
> 1.0.50.

I have gotten a bit more clarity on the ringtone issue from Grandstream
support.

It is a fact that there are two hardware revisions of the phone, which
they call "Rev A" and "Rev B."

Only "Rev B" phones are able to use ringtones, so those who have the
older model are wasting their time trying to use them.

Apparently an upcoming firmware release will reveal which version is on
a given phone.

In general, I was told, the matte-finish ones are Rev B, and the shiny
ones are Rev A.

FYI.  I feel better that it wasn't my tftp server, anyway.

B.